Sunday, October 5, 2014

Her Darkest Hour EBook Review

My take on the EBook Her Darkest Hour is I had no idea it was surrounding religion in any way. I thought it was based  upon a woman who had gone through her darkest times yes,but there were alot of religious sections within the bible included in the book as well. I am not downing it for that,because when we are at our darkest out, many of us turn to Jesus and turn our lives around. It was just a different turn then what I expected. I do not knock anyones religious points of view,what so ever so to each their own.

It is nice to read about someone elses traumatic events,and I do not mean that in a bad way. There are often times where we feel alone and no one understands what we go through in our mind with complete turmoil and confusion,and you definitely get that feel from the story in the book. I personally know a couple of people who have succeeded at suicide and a few who have attempted suicide,but never quite went through it. I have been through a spell myself trying to do it,so it is a VERY touchy subject. I have 2 friends who have had abortions as well,one of them has done at least 3 of them which is very disturbing,but I do not stop loving her to make her feel like she is nothing,because she knew if she had the children she aborted, she would not have been able to keep them. They would have been given up for adoption or something. I bring those personal subjects up because I felt like I was revisiting those situations again reading this book.

 Dark and disturbing material to read does not bother me,because I have had a pretty traumatic life in some areas,so to see the depth of this story go where it goes,it was like looking through someone elses eyes of how they had to deal with these issues. Forgiveness is the key to anything,because you have to realize that there is only one true judge and that is God. To many try to do the job for him,and we are not in authority to do so. The moral I get from this book is to love and support however you can,because not forgiving can weigh down on your soul and the other persons as well. This book was a great read,and something I would purchase after reading what it was about. I would recommend to family and friends as well to read this to maybe even change their lives.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment