Monday, March 10, 2014

My BzzAgent Campaign Review on Redbox Instant!

Ok, I usually am very leary on giving up my credit card information to companies to try anything,but I figured what the heck,and went for it. Well when I first signed up,that part was easy. I do not think the website is very user friendly as in things you click on saying one thing and it being another,and a couple of searches I did were something totally different from what it said it was before clicking.

I saw that I had 4 credits for renting for free DVDS and I thought to myself no harm in doing this at all, so I tried to reserve on line to just go pick it up at the kiosk instead of standing there forever trying to choose in the store, and someone else may come along that wants to get done and be gone. Well the reservation, after I chose my movies, kept giving me error messages telling me to try later. After a couple of days,it finally worked.

Before I left the site there was a movie called Tyler Perry’s Temptation that I wanted to watch SO BADLY, and when I got to the search it said it was available for Blue Ray and DVD. Clicked on it loaded it to my cart,and right before checking out it popped up and said that movie is not available on DVD when it listed that it was on the website for my kiosk chosen. So I choose another 4th movie and go to pick them up,and everything was fine,until I got home and looked at my banking statement online like I usually do to see how my account is looking.

It says they put a hold for the cost of the DVDS to rent them on your card,and when you return them,they let the charge fall off,but it can take 5-7 business days to do so. Say What?!?!If the rental is free,you should NOT be holding,charging or anything on my account! It showed on my statement pending charges that were due to come out the next day,so I was HIGHLY upset they did that. If it is free rentals and I keep it beyond the 24 hour period,I completely understand the charges or holding,but not before that.

The streaming seems to be working so far so good. I wish they had it for like the Nintendo Wii system to watch on TV like Netflix through your game console,but I do watch it on my tablet. I do not like that Redbox was sneaky with holding money on my account and now I do not know if I want to rent from them again due to that being a factor. To many people get taken advantage of with credit card charges,and that is a sure fire way to make someone feel uneasy about using them.
So out of five stars, I give them 2 stars and that is for the viewing on the tablet ONLY,but the website experience with things being all mixed up on there and the charges pending on your card that are not explained to you prior,I am sorry Redbox,but you deserve NO stars for that one! If you want to find out for sure answers to things you have concerns about,I would call customer care first and find out so nothing sneaks up on you because if you rent a movie and you go a second past the due date,they WILL charge your card! That concludes my review ! More reviews coming soon!~Gaylene

No comments:

Post a Comment