Monday, March 10, 2014

Hello everyone! This is my review of my Kroger Skillet Meal campaign that I did through BzzAgent complete with coupons for A Kroger Skillet meal of my choosing,Kroger Garlic Bread, and Kroger Fresh Selections Salad kit! (I got the wrong salad at first,I will explain later on in this blog review)

I got my coupons in the mail,and not a box this time,so I could go right to the store and get the items fresh from their section of the store to choose which one I thought looked the best to take home and fix for my family.(which I loved) I made a video on youtube explaining everything I wrote in this blog at http://www.youtube.com/user/GaylenesReviews to see how everything went down from going to the store,to after dinner!
I went to look at the Kroger skillet meal choices they had,and I had my taste buds set on a few of them,but my kids talked me into getting the spicy orange chicken Kroger skillet meal,and my son was the biggest campaign manager for that choice. I  have no idea what I was thinking letting them choose that particular meal,because they have given me choices of questionable selections in the past. I told my son if it was nasty,I was taking his “I get to pick dinner Mom” card,suspended indefinitely! LOL
I then picked up the garlic bread which was HUGE! I was not expecting a big log like that at all it was precut long ways so I could just open it face side up and stick it in the oven.
So then I head on down to the salad section, and I think I misread the coupon wrong for the salad,and not realizing it was for a salad KIT from fresh selections,sent me right back down the isle from the checkout counter to get the right one! The whole experience at the store was made kind of bad by the lady who had to do my coupons acting like it was a bother and getting an attitude because she did not like what I was doing,but that is what they are there for so attitude not needed please and thank you Miss Cashier lady!
I got everything home and read the directions and started cooking away! Preheating my oven,getting my skillet ready, and digging out my salad bowls and large fork and spoon to toss the salad I have never used for the experience I was having! Did I fail to mention, I never grew up on that kind of meal method that Kroger Skillet complete 3 piece meal was presenting to me?!
I grew up on big soul food meals and quick meals etc.,but we were DEFINITELY not the salad,garlic bread and skillet meal type of family,so this was a challenge for me of sorts. I never had garlic bread until I was an adult if that gives you an idea. That is why I am so glad to be a part of BzzAgent and their campaigns,because I am trying some things I have never had the chance too, and it is one of my top 3 favorite companies for sure!
While I was fixing the skillet meal I noticed on the bag it did not call for that much oil to cook in and it said to keep it on high to cook for 7-9 minutes and I ended up having to add more oil to the skillet on high so I would not burn everything. The sauce used for the skillet meal once added was pretty tasty to me! The rice was not much to the imagination,but enough to make a SMALL mountain on each plate to put my skillet prepped food on top.
My salad kit came with basically a veggie blend and a small bag of bacon,cheese,croutons, and ranch dressing. Tossed it all together in my salad bowl and presto!  My garlic bread turned out just right as well!
To summarize everything up,The meal was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! The Skillet meal serving size bag should be made larger for a family of 4 at least,especially if someone wants to go back for more and,if you don’t want to buy a whole bunch of bags to make 1 meal. Maybe a family size bag? The garlic bread,there was plenty of that to go around and it was rubbed down good with garlic butter which I love,and when I took it out the oven and ate some,it was not dry and still has that moist fresh garlic bread taste. The salad, I was skeptical on at first because of the real bacon bits in it. Call me weird,but I like the crunch of bacos in my salad,but for the first time,I actually liked the real bacon bits in it! The cheese,croutons,bacons bits, and mixed veggie blend salad all made for one killer meal!
Will I be getting more Kroger Skillet meals? It is on my dinner agenda for at least 4 times a month. :)
If you have any questions about my review,please feel free to email me at GaylenesReviews@aol.com ! If you need something to keep you busy in between my reviews I do on here,click on the link I posted in this review of my youtube videos! Stay tuned for more reviews coming soon!
~Gaylene
#GotItFree #Krogerskilletmeals #BzzAgent

No comments:

Post a Comment